Pupil premium is money given to schools directly from central government. It is calculated according to how many children at the school have successfully applied for free school meals. If you think you might qualify you can call 01302 734123 or follow this link.
This money is used in our school to support those children from lower income families and make sure they achieve at least as well as children from higher income families.
Pupil Premium – 2014/2015
The total amount of Pupil Premium received = £94,100
Following the success of our intervention structure in 2013-2014. The school will again use the pupil premium funding to:
- provide a dedicated Pupil premium teacher
- increase the provision of nurture groups across the school
- provide lunchtime nurture play sessions for vulnerable children
- provide 1-1 tuition for individual pupils as needed
- provide individual pupils with personalised equipment which will enhance their access to learning
We track individual pupil’s progress and can therefore see the impact of these interventions. Our data shows those pupils with special educational needs and those eligible for pupil premium funding make similar progress to all other pupils in the school.
Pupil Premium – 2013/2014
The total amount of Pupil Premium received = £64,500
This was used to:
Provide a dedicated pupil premium intervention teacher
Provide lunchtime nurture play sessions for vulnerable children
Provide 1-1 tuition for individual pupils as needed
Provide targeted nurture groups to aid access to learning across the school.