News & Updates
MONDAY 23rd NOVEMBER
Please click on the link below for this week's newsletter.
This week has been a busy one and this week's newsletter has exciting information about our plans for Christmas. Although it will be different, we will make it special :)
*** Sunday 1st November ***
Important update available to view here
*** Sunday 25th October ***
Good morning everyone,
Happy half term! I know it’s a strange one but I hope that you are enjoying spending time with your children and are making the most of the bright, crisp Autumn days.
We have had children’s mental health at the heart of our school’s reopening: Thrive groups are in place, whole class circle times, small group interventions, forest school provision, mentoring, wellbeing week (getting outdoors, doughnuts and PJs!), a whole school week on Ruby’s Worry at the start of year, and additional time for safeguarding and pastoral support.
We are keen to know your feedback on how well your child has settled back into school. We would really appreciate it if you could complete our short survey here:
Please also see our newsletter attached here:
- Key dates next half term
- Changes to school meals menu
- Our Noisy Choir from St Lawrence Church
*** SUNDAY 18th OCTOBER ***
I hope you are all happy and well and enjoying the weekend. This week's newsletter includes important updates about next week (Wellbeing week) and key information.
As always, if you have any suggestions for how to improve our communications with you, please get in touch.
Mrs B :)
*** SUNDAY 11th OCTOBER ***
** UPDATE SUNDAY 4th OCTOBER ***
Good morning, everyone!
I can't believe that it is October already! Please see below for our newsletter, including an important update about remote learning.
*** UPDATE Sunday 6th September ***
Thank you for your support last week as we implement our new processes. We have reviewed the drop off and collection routines at both sites and would politely request that parents read and follow the following:
- Only one adult per family - this will be strictly enforced. Please don't be offended if a member of staff asks any extra adults to wait off the premises.
- NURSERY and RECEPTION parents. It's their first day on Monday. We can't wait to see you all! Please aim for after 8.45am so that the initial rush has passed unless you are in a rush to work. The doors don't shut until 9am (lower) and 9.10am (upper) so there is plenty of time :) The doors will still be open at 8.30 if you are in a rush you can drop off from 8.30 ,that's no problem. Aiming for later if you're not in a rush will help the flow of parents - thanks :)
- Collection- Upper site. We will be letting Y3 and Y4 leave from 3.20pm from tomorrow to improve the flow of parents. Please follow the instructions and keep to the left. If you are picking up children from other classes / at work and can't make it until 3.30pm that's absolutely fine. It's a window of time.
- Y6T will still enter via the side door but will now exit via the front fire door. Staff will be on hand to direct you. Thanks Carolyn.
***UPDATE Friday 28th August ***
Some things never change
Like the feel of your hand in mine
Some things stay the same
Like how we get along just fine
Like an old stone wall that'll never fall
Some things are always true
Some things never change
Like how I'm holding on tight to you
We are very much looking forward to welcoming our children back next week. We recognise that school may feel and look very different next week, but please be assured, we will do everything to welcome your children back to our happy Travis family. Our recovery curriculum is firmly rooted in wellbeing. Although we might be encouraging physical distancing, your children are very much in our hearts.
Wearing of masks in school
Following the WHO's announcement and subsequent government advice, we have considered the wearing of masks in school by children.
We have considered:
• the rate of infections currently in our area
• the impact of mask wearing on our children's social interactions, especially with our youngest children;
• the children’s capacity to comply with the safe and appropriate use of masks in a whole class setting for a long period of time
• the potential impact of mask wearing on learning and psychosocial development.
As we have significant risk management process in place and all of our children are under 12, they are not required to wear masks in school currently. This will be reviewed if national or local guidance changes.
Our strategies to prevent and control the virus include
- Prevention - children should not attend school if they display symptoms
- Protective bubble strategy - limiting the exposure to larger groups (staggered breaks, for example)
- Personal hygiene (catch it, bin it, kill it) and regular hand washing established
- Enhanced cleaning (including a lunchtime clean)
- Engagement with 'test and trace'
Government guidance is available here
*** For our transition meetings next week *** We will have social distancing measures in place, as well as enhanced cleaning and hand washing. Children are coming in small groups throughout the day. Face masks are not mandatory for parents, however, parents are welcome to wear a mask for these visits.
The classrooms and buildings
Mr Woods, Mr Dykes, the teachers and teaching assistants have been busy making sure everything is ready for our full return.
For further information, please watch our short video:
Children starting Y1 - Y6
All children in Y1 - Y6 start back full time on Thursday 3rd September. You have been invited to a transition session on Wednesday 2nd September. Please see the guidance document here for information about the session.
If you aren't sure of your appointment time, please email email@example.com
Children starting in Nursery and Reception
All children in Nursery and Reception have been invited to a 'Stay and Play' play date on either Wednesday 2nd, Thursday 3rd or Friday 4th September. All children in Nursery and Reception start on Monday 7th September. If you aren't sure of your stay and play session slot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
: *** Return to School Information Booklet ***